Re: [ontolog-forum] a skill of definition - "river"

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Александр Шкотин <alex.shkotin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:34:44 +0300
Carl,

thank you for interesting urls. But I did not find "river" definition from scratch.

and today benchmark is from m-w.com:
"1 a: a natural stream of water of usually considerable volume"
if you have url for better definition, please send me one.

[CR]
The real issue is to figure out how to map between these the various ontologies to foster data sharing greater interoperability between and among communities. This, for example, is why the OGC community and the hydrology community have initiated more intense interactions.
<AS>
the simple way to interoperability (especially between formal ontologies and professional community;) is to convert all ontologies and RDB to controled natural language, understandable by both people and formal reasoners.
They positioned RDF as "RDF--the Resource Description Framework--is a universal format for data on the Web." (http://www.w3.org/RDF/FAQ#What).
Well, CNL is a universal format for knowledge [not only] on the Web;)
Alex