Re: [ontolog-forum] skill of definition - cont-ed

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "FERENC KOVACS" <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:55:52 -0000

My appologies

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christopher Menzel
Sent: 16 February 2009 19:34
To: [ontolog-forum]
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] skill of definition - cont-ed

I've asked before but I guess it wouldn't hurt once again to request that the use of HTML or RTF be avoided like the plague in list correspondence.  HTML/RTF formatted messages simply do not render consistently across all mail programs and the result is often a mess -- what YOU see is definitely not generally what OTHERS get when you treat your email program as if it were a word processor.  (I am using formatted mail in this message just to illustrate  the problem, as the attached message appears to me like a typesetter's nightmare -- though for all I know it will render just fine in some mailers.)  In particular, it is often impossible to sort out who said in messages that try to preserve past conversation.

I would advise emulating the format that John Sowa uses in his messages for a consistent, easy to read, text-based mailing list style.

-chris

*****