[ontolog-forum] Announcement: International Conference and Workshop on E

To: Ontolog forum <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew K. Hettinger" <mkhettinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:09:46 -0600
All,    (01)

I've been following the "Ontology Means for Systems Engineering" and
related threads and it seems like an appropriate time to announce the
2009 version of the International Conference and Workshop on Enterprises
*as* Systems: Theory and  Theory in Practice.  We do not have the
facilities contract yet  but tentatively it is scheduled for Aug. 24th -
25th (more days will be added given sufficient interest) at the Hoffman
Estates Campus of Northern Illinois University.  A full announcement
will follow later. However, two of the topics / tracks include the use
and application of ontology and ontologies to enterprises *as* systems
(-not- excluding the topic of systems in general- e.g. "ontological
means for systems engineering) and the use / interpretation of standards
in the context of enterprises *as* systems. This includes standards
related to ontology. These topics have been included every year since
the inception of the conference (3 years ago). However, no contributions
to these topics have been made. Perhaps that will change this year.    (02)

This, and related threads, are of high interest to me. I will try to
contribute to these discussions in the next few days. Hopefully, some
will find the contributions interesting, and more importantly useful.    (03)

Matthew K. Hettinger
Mathet Consulting, Inc.    (04)