Re: [ontolog-forum] Lattice of theories

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:16:34 -0500
Pat,    (01)

Good examples are always useful, but they require work to develop.    (02)

PC> Relating groups of axioms within different ontologies by the
 > lattice relation would probably be useful - I agree.  I would
 > like to see examples of that, starting with existing foundation/
 > upper ontologies.    (03)

I would like to see that myself.  If you have good examples that
apply any methodology that compares two or more ontologies to find
commonalities, please send me the URL, and I'll show you how their
work follows the patterns of relationships in the lattice.    (04)

The point I make is that the lattice provides the framework that
unifies the multiplicity of methodologies and approaches that
people have been using in an ad hoc way.  Send me a URL that
demonstrates concrete examples in any other methodology, and
I'll show you how it fits into the lattice.    (05)