[ontolog-forum] Invitation to Aug. 19 wrkshp "Light-weight Tools for Sci

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 18:15:17 -0400
Greetings!    (01)

You and your colleagues are invited to Collaborative Expedition Workshop
#75, "The Role of Cyberinfrastructure in Scientific Knowledge: Emergence,
Validation, and Peer Review". This no fee, one-day public workshop will
explore light-weight and "easy to use" tools being deployed today in
science settings and beyond to streamline collaboration and peer review of     (02)

workflow in a manner that accelerates the pace of sharing and discovery.
Increasingly, advances in these high performance settings anticipate and
influence the pace in which transformative improvements in mission
delivery of public services can be realized, across levels of government.     (03)

It is likely that how we design our cyberinfrastructure (including
scientific knowledge-sharing environments that influence policy-making,
innovation, and agility) will play a pivotal role in the continued
vitality and creativity of our 21st century democracy.  This workshop will     (04)

open up dialogue to facilitate "bootstrapping" among multiple communities
and institutions whose individual and collective contributions to shared
design challenges will shape our national experience of
cyberinfrastructure for years to come.    (05)

RSVP: You will need to pre-register for this workshop by sending an email
to Angela Carter at carter@xxxxxxxxx    (06)

WHEN: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 8:30am - 4:15pm
WHERE: National Science Foundation, Ballston, VA, 4201 Wilson Blvd., Room
1235    (07)

Agenda:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/RoleofCyberinfrastructureInScientificKnowledgeEmergenceValidationAndPeerReview_2008_08_19    (08)

Workshop Location and Remote Teleconferencing:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/VenueLogistics_2008_08_19    (09)

Past Workshop Archives:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop     (010)

Best Regards,    (011)

Susan B. Turnbull
Co-chair, Emerging Technology SC, Architecture and Infrastructure
Committee
Co-chair, Social, Economic, and Workforce Implications of IT CG,
Subcommittee on Networking and IT R&D
Senior Program Advisor, Center for Intergovernmental Solutions
GSA Office of Citizen Services and Communications
U.S. General Services Administration
202.501.6214
susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx
http://www.gsa.gov/collaborate
http://usaservices.gov/intergovt/    (012)

Richard N. Spivack, PhD
Co-chair, Emerging Technology SC, Architecture and Infrastructure
Committee
Economist, Impact Analysis Office
Technology Innovation Program/ NIST
p 301.975-5063