[ontolog-forum] working within the Ontolog collaborative work environmen

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:47:18 -0700
To: "Alexander Garcia" <cagarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: OpenOntologyRepository-discussion <oor-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:37:24 -0700
Dear Alex and All,    (01)

Thank you for the question, Alex. I guess some others (as well as
those who will join us in the future) may be interested in the answer
too. Therefore, I am taking the liberty to respond with a more generic
answer and copy that to our list/archive.    (02)

Our collaborative work environment (CWE), for now, comprises of (i) a
portal area (which we hardly use) and three main workspaces:    (03)

  o   (ii) a conversation space - which is the archive mailing list
([oor-forum] in the case of the OOR project),    (04)

  o   (iii) a shared file workspace - the WebADV servers, browser accessible as:
          - http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/ ... (for work by this
community, to which we have IPR, and are making available as open
content) &
          - http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/resource/ ... (for others'
open content used as resources by this community, to which we don't
have IPR, but are free to republish),    (05)

   o  (iv) a collaborative editing and "shared display/presentation"
workspace, by way of the wiki.    (06)

I guess your question is specifically about accessing the (iii) a
shared file workspace. On that, you might want to check out:    (07)

   http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ToolsCollaboration#nidAVL
... and probably even,
   http://community.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?FileWorkspaceAccess    (08)

This is more than a mouthful. If there is enough interest, I would be
happy to do a 1.5~2.0 Hr. demo/tutorial on working with our
collaboration tools.    (09)

That is the mechanics only. As for what should and should not go into
the community workspaces, and, in particular, what should be uploaded
(as opposed to providing a URL for others to access the material), I
would generally differentiate them by asking whether it is community
work or a contribution to becoming a piece of the group's work (if so,
we want to have a copy in our CWE, allowing a potentially better
access and discovery by the community) or whether it is personal work
(in which case, one would generally open and publish in their own work
space, and then offer up a link to us to access that work, either by
citing the link in the mailing list exchange, or on the wiki.)    (010)

Hope that helps.  =ppy    (011)

P.S.  Work that is strictly personal and not related to community
projects should be avoided, as are commercial, and non-open work.
Please refer to details and policies under our "Membership" section on
the wiki - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid1J    (012)

P.P.S.  for the OOR team, the collaborative workspace will, very soon,
be expanded to include our developers' workspace at the semwebcentral
repository <http://oor.projects.semwebcentral.org/>, an
experimental/developmental server <http://OpenOntologyRepository.org>
& <http://OpenOntologyRepository.net>  on the future
<oor.cim3.net>box, etc. etc.
--    (013)

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Alexander Garcia
<cagarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Peter, I have some use cases but I have not been able to upload the
> pdfs, is there any process I should follow?
>
> Also, we would like to contribute with an architectural diagram. Probably I
> am doing something wrong, how can I upload pngs and pdf files? sorry I am
> very new to the wiki world. Cheers.
>

> Alexander Garcia
> http://www.usefilm.com/photographer/75943.html

--- End Message ---