Re: [ontolog-forum] A different approach to ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:28:50 -0600

John, Rick and Pat    (01)

Great feedback and discussion!     (02)

I still think that it is better to complete the task as much as one can
as Woods did, so that others can run with it and complete and societal
value over time-integration is great. Example is Riemann and Hilbert's
work used by Physicists (Einstein).    (03)

I have also been keen to ask John, based on our earlier thread (that
Sanskrit is a completely computer analyzable language with exactness -as
much as possible - compared to other languages such as English), as to
what is an easier avenue and direction:    (04)

1. Make (Sanskrit VM) SVM code as in the instruction set similar to JVM
while overlaying Computer Interpretable English (CIE) on top of it so
that errors only occur in the CIE almost, all users learn a familiar
subset of English language     (05)

Or    (06)

2. Directly compile CIE as (EVM English VM) a language compiler and
sacrifice the exactness inherent in the Sanskrit language -you get
freebees of 5000 years of concepts and relationships that are pretty
granular and like formulae are brief).
(Similar arguments could work with German and Russian languages at least
and partition from SVM might be better for globalization as SVM is their
root as well?)    (07)

Let us know, what avenue might work better?     (08)

Thanks.    (09)

Ravi    (010)

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect    (011)

Vangent, Inc. Technology Excellence Center (TEC)    (012)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, (c) 313-204-1740 www.vangent.com    (013)

Professional viewpoints do not necessarily imply organizational
endorsement.    (014)