Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology vs OWL implementation

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:35:37 -0700
I think the correct relationship is best states as “you can use OWL to express an ontology”.  An OWL _expression_ of an ontology captures the core logic and axioms of your ontology or a subset of it.

Whether or not the thing you are expressing in OWL is in fact an ontology or whether the OWL _expression_ of it still meets the minimum criteria for an ontology is a more complicated question.

Duane