[ontolog-forum] Recommendation

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Doug Holmes <dholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:28:58 -0700
Today's Ontolog Invited Speaker Presentation [ Mr. James Bryce Clark,
JD, BSc., Director of Standards Development from OASIS, on  "Practical
lurches towards semantic interoperability: standards mash-ups in
production and in development" ] included a really good discussion of
current efforts to address [resolve, apply, encourage adoption, etc.]
many of the issues that we - on this forum - would consider to be
squarely in the realm of ontology.  It is replete with examples, use
cases, etc. that highlight and, in my opinion, might occasionally,
provide a firm, and "practical",  grounding for just about any of the
major discussions that we've had on the forum.  So, I'll recommend a
review of the Presentation - or the slides at least - to those who
missed it.
Doug    (01)