Re: [ontolog-forum] Possibility of an OASIS TC for Electronic Document I

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jon.bosak@xxxxxxx, yildiray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jamie.clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, yalin.yarimagan@xxxxxxxxx
From: "Matteo Busanelli (ENEA-XLab)" <matteo.busanelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:14:20 +0100
Hi, concerning the UBL Ontology,
we generate an OWL ontology from the UBL 2 schemas plus some semantic
enrichment coming from official documentation.    (01)

The ontology is completely extracted automatically and mainly contains:
  - a classification with instances of all Business Processes (and Activities)
that involve UBL 2 Documents; in this case we add automatically this
information following the official documentation of UBL 2.
  - all the semantic description of Common and Aggregated Components and
relationships with documents that use them (currently working to
re-modelling and improve this part)
  - a classification with instances of all the UBL 2 Documents. Each documents
are then related with the semantic description of the used Components
of the library and all the processes in which they are exchanged.
  - a classification of Party Roles that exchange Documents (again following
UBL documentation) in a Business Process    (02)

For documentation purpose we are trying to provide each concept of the ontology
with at least a textual description and meaningful label.
The ontology (or better "the Generator") is still a draft version and we are
planning to change some part and in particular to better organize the
description of Components Library and semantic relationships to the standard
documents. For the moment there is no SUMO or DOLCE reference from our
ontology but may be in future will be possible and useful some connection to
other upper level or even domain ontologies.    (03)

Soon, we will make the ontology available online together with a Web App for
navigating and searching on OWL ontologies (not editing) developed for
the FP6 LEAPFROG-IP project in which we are involved.    (04)

I hope to have clarified at least the main aspects of our actual work that, I
would point out, is still in progress.    (05)

Regards.    (06)

Matteo Busanelli    (07)