Re: [ontolog-forum] [ubl] Scope of SAP patents related to UBL and ebXML

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "jon.bosak@xxxxxxx" <jon.bosak@xxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:23:09 -0800
---------- <Forwarded_message> ----------    (01)

From:  <jon.bosak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Nov 26, 2007 5:45 AM
Subject: [ubl] Re: Scope of SAP patents related to UBL and ebXML
To: claus.von.riegen@xxxxxxx
Cc: eduardo.gutentag@xxxxxxx, jamie.clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
ubl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (02)

Dear Claus,    (03)

Thank you very much for your reply and clarification:    (04)

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200711/msg00026.html    (05)

I interpret your reply as representing that neither SAP nor
Dr. Gunther Stuhec hold interests in patents purporting to claim
technology relating to the work of OASIS and UN/CEFACT in
constructing UBL and ebXML, and also that SAP and Dr. Stuhec waive
their rights to enforce intellectual property necessary to use
specifications from OASIS Technical Committees and UN/CEFACT
Permanent Groups in which SAP has participated.  As we would with
any other party, the UBL TC will materially rely on these
representations as work proceeds.    (06)

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, or if
anything has been misinterpreted to any degree, please notify me
immediately in writing.    (07)

Best Regards,    (08)

Jon Bosak    (09)

Jon Bosak, Distinguished Engineer, Corporate Standards
Office of Global Government Strategy, Sun Microsystems
  Chair, OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) TC
      Member, INCITS V1 and ISO/IEC JTC1 SC34
jon.bosak@xxxxxxx         http://www.sun.com/standards

---------- </Forwarded_message> ----------    (011)

---------- <Forwarded_message> ----------    (012)