[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: OKMDS pre-series Tutorial: "Sharing Knowled

To: Jeanne Holm <jeanne.holm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Charles P. White" <charles.p.white@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, KMgov <kmgov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, okmds-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:50:53 -0700
On Thursday 25-October-2007, Ms. Jeanne Holm and Mr. Charles
White from NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory at the California
Institute of Technology, gave their talk on: "Sharing Knowledge
in Second Life" in preparation for the NASA-Ontolog "Ontology in
Knowledge Management and Decision Support (OKMDS)" mini-series,
as the pre-OKMDS-series tutorial on getting people ready on the
Second Life virtual world.    (01)

An overview and the strategic significance of virtual worlds were
wonderfully covered in the talk. Our presenters actually
delivered their talk both in an augmented conference call setting
(which most of our community members are quite familiar) as well
as at their virtual world auditorium in Second Life (which most
of our members weren't quite familiar.) Our more than 40
participants at the session were given a demonstration, and
provided with details on how to get set up for the latter. This
dual delivery mode (in both 'real world' and 'virtual world'
settings) is actually going to be how the upcoming OKMDS
mini-series seminars and panel discussion events are going to be
presented. The talk was ensured by a very lively discussion.    (02)

Again, thank you, Jeanne and Charley, for giving the session, and
for initiating some of us (myself included) to the excitement of
virtual worlds. And, as always, our appreciations go out to all
who joined us at the event; especially for their contributions to
the rich discussion we had during the last segment of the session.    (03)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_10_25    (04)

In particular, full audio recording of the session, as well as
the podcast of it, are now available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_10_25#nid1519     (05)

As mentioned, the 'Launch Event' for the "Ontology in Knowledge
Management and Decision Support (OKMDS)" mini-series is coming up
on Thursday 8-Nov-2007 (see details on the announcement below).
Mark your calendars, and register you attendance now, if you
haven't already.    (06)

Best regards. =ppy    (07)