Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology Applications Forum

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Gruninger <gruninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:31:24 -0400
Hello Fabian,    (01)

Fabian Neuhaus wrote:    (02)

>Chris Menzel wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 10:41:41AM -0700, Duane Nickull wrote:
>>

>>>Apologies - this was meant for Michael personally.
>>>

>>Michael's a native of the Great White North.  I don't know about his
>>German, but a priori it's more likely he speaks French. :-)

a priori, I'd also need to speak Latin to understand Chris' statement :-)    (03)

>The fact that Michael is not German is also confirmed by the fact that
>he agreed to Saarbruecken as venue. I lived there for a year and,  to
>put it positively, it is very unlikely that the participants of FOIS08
>will be distracted from thinking about ontology. In the end of October
>it might be even too rainy for hiking through the woods around
>Saarbruecken. The city was flattened during WWII, thus there are no
>important architectural  sights.  Unless you are a
>gray-concrete-building aficionado -- in this case you will love the
>campus! :-)

Have some pity on the poor Saarlanders!    (04)

Saarbruecken was chosen due to its proximity to Karlsruhe (the location
for ISWC)
and the fact that Paul Buitelaar and Michael Sintek of DFKI (located in
Saarbruecken)
graciously agreed to be local organizers.    (05)

- michael    (06)