Re: [ontolog-forum] confused and confounded models

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Gary Berg-Cross" <gary.berg-cross@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:45:01 -0400
As Jon says I think that it is about both and I would add that a validated
model plays
a role in assuring that we can believe that captures some realithy of the cells.    (01)

I also agree with the way that John spoke about "every science " having "data,
theories, paradigms, models, methodologies, and vocabulary...developed
together." I may be thinking of all of these together when I write a statement
in a textbook or article.    (02)

"No substantial part of the universe can be grasped without abstraction.
Abstraction consists of replacing the part of the universe under consideration
by a model of similar but simpler structure." ROSENBLUETH A and WIENER, N.
1945. The role of models in science. Philosophy of Science, 12: 316-321.     (03)

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.
Spatial Ontology Community of Practice (SOCoP)
 http://www.visualknowledge.com/wiki/socop
<http://www.visualknowledge.com/wiki/socop>     (04)

<https://mail.em-i.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://mail.em-i.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://mail.em-i.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.visualknowledge.com/wiki/socop    (05)

 Executive Secretariat