[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: "Database & Ontology" mini-series session 8

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:58:20 -0700
We had, on Thursday 28-Jun-2007, a wonderful session for
the 8th episode of the Ontolog mini-series on "Database and
Ontology." Dr. Matthew West (Shell International Petroleum
Company) and Dr. Susie Stephens (Eli Lilly) co-chaired the
session with invited speaker, Dr. Souripriya Das and Dr. Melliyal
Annamalai (both from Oracle's Database Semantic Technologies
Group), who presented their talk on "Building Database
Infrastructure for Managing Semantic Data."    (01)

Thank you, Dr. Das, Dr. Annamalai, Dr. West and Dr. Stephens for
bring this very informative session, (as the first of a two-part
presentation that colleagues from Oracle are sharing with us)
which allows us to look more closely at how a major vendor is
implementing their product to support semantics in a database
infrastructure.    (02)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_06_28    (03)

In particular, full audio recording of the session, as well as
the podcast of it, is now available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_06_28#nid11T5     (04)

... The contribution from our colleagues at Oracle Semantic
Technologies is adding another important piece in the body of
knowledge on ontology and ontological engineering that our
community is building together. Thank you again!    (05)

Best regards. =ppy    (06)

P.S. Upcoming events:    (07)

* We will be having another two episodes of the "Database And
Ontology" mini-series in the immediate next two Thursdays:    (08)

    o  Thursday, 05-Jul-2007 - Mr. Chris Partridge on "Data and
process revisited: ontology driving a paradigm shift in the
development of business application systems"    (09)

    o  Thursday, 12-Jul-2007 - Dr. John Sowa on "Analogical
Reasoning With and About Databases and Knowledge Bases"    (010)

* Register your attendance (RSVP to <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline)
if you are planning to come, and haven't already done so.    (011)

* Watch our [ontolog-invitation] list for further announcements
of Ontolog events that may be of interest, or browse the listing
under the "News & Announcements" section at our
Ontolog WikiHomePage (at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW ) for
the above and other upcoming events.    (012)

* An archive of noteworthy past Ontolog events can be found at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ    (013)

Tx. =ppy
--     (014)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-invitation/