[ontolog-forum] Attempto Controlled English (ACE) 5.5

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Norbert E. Fuchs" <fuchs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 11:29:29 -0400
Following is an announcement of the latest version of
Attempto Controlled English (ACE).  As many readers may know,
we have been developing a version of controlled English called
CLCE (Common Logic Controlled English), but that is only a
part of a larger goal of promoting controlled NLs as a way
of making logic in general and Common Logic in particular
more widely accepted for communications with computer systems.    (01)

For an earlier note on these issues, see    (02)

    http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2007-04/msg00001.html
    Logic as the link between human interfaces and machine interfaces    (03)

For anyone interested in RuleML, there is also a Java translator
from ACE to RuleML, which is freely available:    (04)

    http://www.ruleml.org/translator/
    TRANSLATOR: TRANSlator from LAnguage TO Rules    (05)

John Sowa    (06)