Re: [ontolog-forum] BAYESIAN MODELING APPLICATIONS WORKSHOP: CONTRIBUTIO

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: UAIWorkshop-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:52:10 -0700
Woot!  My home town.    (01)

Anyone have any suggestions for submitting a paper from the Ontolog Forum?    (02)

Duane    (03)

On 3/25/07 11:40 AM, "Kathryn Blackmond Laskey" <klaskey@xxxxxxx> wrote:    (04)

>                (apologies for multiple postings)
>      THE FIFTH BAYESIAN MODELLING APPLICATIONS WORKSHOP
>                       DURING UAI-07
>
>                  CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
>                      July 19th, 2007
>                     Vancouver, BC Canada
>
>                Special Theme:  Model Views
>
>        Submission of contributions due: April 6th, 2007
>   Inquiries and submissions to: UAIWorkshop-L AT listserv.gmu.edu

> OBJECTIVE
> ---------
>
> As in previous years, the workshop will  provide a focused
> but informal forum for exchanges among theorists,
> practitioners and tool developers. Discussions may cover
> research questions and insights, methodologies, techniques,
> and experiences with applications of Bayesian models to
> particular domains.  Proceedings of the workshop will be
> published in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings series
> (http://ceur-ws.org).  In addition, the intention is to
> publish a subset of the papers in a special issue of an
> appropriate journal.
>

> WORKSHOP THEME
> --------------
>
> This year we are especially encouraging contributions that address
> the theme
>
>    BAYESIAN MODEL VIEWS
>
> In software and information systems engineering, it is often
> useful to make an explicit separation between the model
> and the user interface.  Separation facilitates system maintenance
> and extensibility, because changes can be made to the model without
> affecting the user interface, and vice versa.  Another reason to
> separate the model from the interface is that different categories
> of users may interact with the model in different ways.  Examples
> include users with different degrees of technical sophistication,
> users having different access privileges, users in different
> geographic areas, and users who are responsible for different
> aspects of the problem domain.  It is often desirable to tailor
> the user interface to these different categories of user.
> In many domains, there are common domain-specific communication
> patterns, such as maps, equipment diagrams, or standard tabular
> charts.  In such cases, it may be desirable to provide model views
> based on these standard patterns.  Finally, model views that are
> useful for building, testing and maintaining a model may be very
> different from the most appropriate views for end users.
>
> We encourage papers that focus on issues relating to model views
> in applications of Bayesian networks.  Examples include, but are
> not restricted to, the following issues.
>
> Different uses of a model may require different levels of granularity
> and resolution.  Papers are encouraged that discuss how model views
> can be used to present results and/or accept inputs at different
> granularities and resolution.
>
> Metadata and ontologies may be used to support definition and
> and management of model views.  Examples of useful metadata may
> [...]

Sr. Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.           *
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee    *
Blog: http://technoracle.blogspot.com                    *
Music: http://www.mix2r.com/audio/by/artist/duane_nickull*