Re: [ontolog-forum] DITA

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:37:33 +0700
Hi Duane    (01)

I confirm that from my standpoint (content management market observer)
I have seen DITA adoption grow over the last couple of years
It's good to have standards, although I have not studied this one in
detail to be able to
make an informed critique
Have not captured its relevance to ontology, it would be nice if you could
cheers    (02)

Paola Di Maio    (03)

On 3/9/07, Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Has anyone on this list any experience with DITA or any opinions of it?  I
> got this today and it seems that DITA is gaining in terms of vendor support.
>
>  Duane
>

><http://www.ptc.com/read?&amp;p=43976&amp;u=1-KGLA-1423&amp;c=1-24SHMT&amp;o=1-24UBFE&amp;w=779747&amp;t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ptc.com%2Fappserver%2Fwcms%2Fforms%2Findex.jsp%3Fim_dbkey%3D43976%26icg_dbkey%3D482>
>  One of the major benefits of an XML-based publishing system is the ability
> to reuse and share information. However, this can be a challenge when you
> need to share information across divisions with varying rules and
> requirements. How do you create a single data model that is easy for authors
> to use, supports the needs of each division, and remains flexible enough to
> allow interchange across your organization?
>
>  In PTC's recently updated, complimentary white paper, "DITA – Four Letters
> You Need to Know," learn about the unique methodology that DITA employs to
> address the challenges of interoperability. With DITA you can:
>

>  • Create modular information for dynamic reuse across your organization
>  • Easily maintain interchangeable data models for each type of document you
> create
>  • Automate processing, assembly and publishing of your information for any
> output
>
>  PTC is committed to providing the most powerful and complete solution for
> DITA. Only PTC's Arbortext solution for DITA provides:
>

>  • Complete authoring support for maps and topics
>  • Conversion capabilities for legacy content
>  • Link management
>  • Integrated functionality for content management and review & approval
> cycles
>  • Rich publishing capabilities for any media, including print and
> electronic
>
>  Download this complimentary white paper now to learn how DITA can help you
> realize the promise of XML: more productive authors, better quality
> information, and publishing processes that are not only faster but also less
> expensive.
>
>  To download your free whitepaper click here
>
><http://www.ptc.com/read?&amp;p=43976&amp;u=1-KGLA-1423&amp;c=1-24SHMT&amp;o=1-24UBFE&amp;w=779747&amp;t=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ptc.com%2Fappserver%2Fwcms%2Fforms%2Findex.jsp%3Fim_dbkey%3D43976%26icg_dbkey%3D482>
> .
>
>  contact PTC
> <http://www.ptc.com/company/contacts/index.htm>  | privacy
> policy <http://www.ptc.com/company/policies/index.htm>  |
>
><http://www.ptc.com/appserver/mkt/mail/preferences.jsp?&amp;offd=1-24UBFE&amp;campd=1-24SHMT&amp;conud=1-KGLA-1423&amp;mailkey=779747&amp;email=dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
>  | edit profile
> <http://www.ptc.com/read?&amp;w=779747&amp;t=/common/account/index.htm>
>  This email was sent to: dnickull@xxxxxxxxx
>  PTC, Innovation House, Harvest Crescent, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2QR, UK
>

>  ------ End of Forwarded Message

Paola Di Maio
School of IT, MFU.ac.th