Re: [ontolog-forum] vague wish lists VS formal specifications

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 10:28:07 -0500
Debbie,    (01)

Yes, but it's necessary to know why the user must participate:    (02)

 > I ... want to emphasize the point is to have the end user
 > participate in the design process.    (03)

The users' participation is essential to educate the chief
designer, who must fully understand the problem.    (04)

The users can never discover all the details of what might be
possible unless they become technologists -- and in most cases,
that is not practical.  Therefore, the chief designer must learn
from the user (without prefiltering by managers, planners, and
requirements surveys).    (05)