[ontolog-forum] Conference Call Reminder

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 08:43:42 -0800
All,    (01)

1. We don't have an event today, but the regular weekly
conference call for active members will still be on. We
won't have a heavy agenda today (as some of those who
would usually show up are traveling), and the call will
probably be less than 1 hour. Besides the usual
sync-up, we could spend some time on looking back at
2006, and discussion on what else would be interesting
to do in 2007. I would also encourage new members to
join us at the call, just to say 'hello' and to get a
feel for the 'virtual meeting' setting. Please refer to
details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_12_07     (02)

2. By the way, for those who are unfamiliar with the
routine, our regular weekly time slot for meetings and
events is 1~2 hours starting 10:30am PST / 1:30pm EST /
7:30pm CET / 18:30 GMT/UTC (or its daylight saving time
counterpart.) Proper announcements will go out for
scheduled events (like invited talks, panel
discussions, etc.) and probably no announcements for
the regular weekly conference calls for active members
(unless it's a cancellation.) I'd encourage you to mark
your calendars, and block out this time slot, as a lot
of us do (if you haven't already.)    (03)

3. We'll have several exciting events coming up in the
next two weeks before we retire for the holidays:    (04)

     * Thursday, 14-December-2006 - Professor
Christopher Chute, MD DrPH, from the Mayo Clinic
College of Medicine (Rochester, MN, US) will be our
invited speaker. He will be giving a talk entitled:
"The Lexical Grid Project: LexGrid" ... Please refer to
details at the session wiki page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_12_14     (05)

     * Monday, 18-December-2006 - first ONION project
review conference call ... see announcement at
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/onion-forum/2006-12/msg00015.html     (06)

     * Thursday, 21-December-2006 - Professor Barry
Smith, from the University at Buffalo (New York, US)
will be presenting to the community his talk entitled:
"Ontology Evaluation in Biomedicine: The OBO Foundry
Initiative" as the 2nd event in the "Ontology
Measurement & Evaluation" Mini-Series ... Please refer
to details at the session wiki page, closer to the
time, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_12_21     (07)

4. As usual, check out our WikiHomePage
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki ):    (08)

     * upcoming events will be posted under "News", at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW    (09)

     * past event archives (talks, slides, recordings)
are posted under "Past Events" at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ    (010)

     * (in case someone wants to know how to join the
Ontolog community) membership information can be found
under the "Membership" section at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid1J    (011)

Happy Holidays!  =ppy
--    (012)