[ontolog-forum] Re: Compendium link

To: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: York Sure <sure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Park <jack.park@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 19:19:20 -0700
Peter,
It is my understanding that the HTML export of my talk will be available
online at the Protege conference site as one of the available talks. As
you might recall, we used those HTML views for my talk at the F2F; they
are not nearly as elegant as running the talk from Compendium itself.    (01)

I should say that Compendium gives a new, certainly different approach
to public talks. It certainly gives a new and different way to organize
one's thoughts (as I am doing now with my PhD thesis proposal). It
satisfies the itch to deal with complex, nonlinear thought streams in a
nonlinear way. Whether it is an ideal way to present information to the
public remains to be seen; I've only used it as a presentation medium
twice, both times with reasonable success, but who can say how much
better those presentations might have been when created and conducted by
a "black belt" at dialog mapping. My only training with it consisted of
Jeff Conklin's training course and reading his book.    (02)

Cheers
Jack    (03)