Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings from the Ontolog Invited Speaker sessio

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nicola Guarino <guarino@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 23:36:17 -0800
We had one of the best attended Ontolog sessions today, Feb. 2,
2006, with Dr. Nicola Guarino from the (Italian) National
Research Council -  Institute for Cognitive Sciences and
Technologies, Laboratory for Applied Ontology (LOA) in Trento,
Italy, who presented to our community his talk on: "Making basic
ontological assumptions: the DOLCE experience". The presentation
was absolutely brilliant.    (01)

Thank you very much, Dr. Guarino, for sharing with us your work
and insight. Appreciations are also due to Ontolog co-convener,
Dr. Leo Obrst of Mitre, who had made the invitation to Dr.
Guarino on behalf of our community and helped co-organize this
event. And, as always, thanks to all who came, participated and
helped contribute to yet another great Ontolog session.    (02)

The digitized (mp3) audio recording of the entire session has
now been posted. That will be archived in our knowledge
repository for reference and download by anyone interested. See
details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_02_02#nidJMH
Dr. Guarino's input today adds true value to this collective
knowledge and intelligence that our community is building.    (03)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (04)

P.S. Our major upcoming events already lined up, will include:    (05)

Thursday, Mar. 2, 2006, Professor Dr. Asuman Dogac from the
Middle East Technical University (METU) in Turkey will be
presenting to the community. Her talk is entitled: "Exploiting
ebXML Registry Semantics in the eHealth Domain" ... Please refer
to details on the wiki session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_03_02    (06)

Wednesday, Mar. 15, 2006 all afternoon EST, where custodians of
key upper ontologies and basic ontologists from around the world
will be convening at our Upper Ontology Summit event. This Summit
is co-organized by Ontolog, NIST and SICoP (and its ONTAC/COSMO
Working Groups). The event will be featured both virtually (like
our nominal augmented conference call events) as well as
physically, on-site at the US National Institute for Standards
and Technology (Gaithersburg, MD, US). See our wiki page:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit for
more details, and be on the lookout for further announcements.    (07)

Mark your calendars now so that you won't missed these great
upcoming events.  =ppy