[ontolog-forum] Re: RE: [soa-rm] Draft of Concept Map - denotation for

To: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Internet Business Logic <ibl@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:07:37 -0500
Peter, Barry, All --    (01)

Some naive questions please.    (02)

In reading your excellent discussion about Concept Maps and Topic Maps,
the thought arises -- Is there a denotation for all this notation? (You
may remember the Logic-in-AI slogan "no notation without denotation").    (03)

In other words:    (04)

Are there theories that say what consequences are supposed to follow
from any schema + instances Map?    (05)

If so, is negation monotonic or non-mon?    (06)

Are there inference methods that implement such theories?    (07)

Are there systems in which one can query and 'run' machine notations
corresponding to the maps?
E.g. can I ask whether a new instance I have in mind conforms to a schema?    (08)

Thanks in advance for educating me about this. -- Adrian Walker    (09)

--     (010)

Internet Business Logic (R)
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared, community use is FREE    (011)

Reengineering,  PO Box 1412,  Bristol,  CT 06011-1412,  USA    (012)

Phone 860 583 9677     Mobile 860 830 2085     Fax 860 314 1029    (013)

Peter F Brown wrote:    (014)