RE: [soa-rm] RE: [ontolog-forum] RE: [soa-rm] latest Draft of Concept M

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter F Brown" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:28:03 +0100
Barry:
The simple answer is "Yes" (even if I suspect a trap here somewhere!):
Association types "InstanceOf", "is-a", are built into the standard with
well defined Published Subject Indicators (PSIs) already. Using those is
standard.     (01)

TM allows to create whatever levels you wish. You would perhaps have a
different association type to connect 'types' from the association type to
connect 'instances'. i.e. Types may be explicitly typed themselves as a
'Topic Type', thus the allowed role players in the class level adjacent_to
would be only topics of type 'Topic Type'.    (02)

(Thanks to Graham Moore from NetworkedPlanet for help on this)    (03)

Peter    (04)