RE: KIF 4 concept maps -was- Re: [ontolog-forum]

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Duane Nickull" <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 13:21:03 -0800
CVD = Class View Diagrams    (01)

The OASIS SOA RM TC was using the concept map notation for depicting a
reference model for SOA.  There were problems due to different people
inferring different logic from the use of concept maps which lead to a
discussion about the binary relationship natures and the possibility
that Concept Maps should be more formally defined as a graphical
notation for making graphics.    (02)

This forum was cc'd since we had previously discussed an N'ary paper
using concept maps and there was sufficient interest.    (03)

The questions I would personally like answered are in my previous email.    (04)

Cheers    (05)

Duane    (06)

Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com
Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT  http://www.uncefact.org/
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee
Personal Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/