Re: [OT] + Re: [ontolog-forum] Semantic Web Services (SWS) panel at ICS

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Maximilien <maxim@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:10:56 -0800

Hi Peter,

> (c) I am only familiar with the former, and I believe it has a
> maximum of 5 parties (in the conference call) only
> ... that's why I would really like to find out more (available,
> limitations, costs, ... etc.) if one could do better than that.

You are right, but things change so we should watch this space.

What I was thinking, depending on how many would plan to call, was:

1) Use Skype conferencing---if calling audience is limited

OR

2) Use my Skype account to call my conference call number (SkypeOut) and distribute that number to the interested participants.  I can handle unlimited (well maybe too strong of a word :) but I can handle many callers and it has a free 866 number, at least for those in the US and a worldwide toll number

Open to other suggestions, assuming we have a > 4 audience on the phone.  I may also have to check with the conference organizers to make sure I would not be violating any prior agreement or rules for the conference...

Take care,

E. M. (Max) Maximilien, Ph.D.
IBM Almaden Research Center
San Jose, CA USA