[ontolog-forum] Semantic Web Services (SWS) panel at ICSOC 2005 on Dece

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: mmaximilien@xxxxxxxxx
From: Michael Maximilien <maxim@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:32:23 -0800

(Sorry if this is a duplicate for you, the original message to the forum address bounced back because I had too many on CC:)

-----------------------

Hi,

Building on the successful ontolog-forum SWS panel => http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_10_20.

The organizers of the Dynamic Web Process (DWP) 2005 workshop have asked me if we could organize a follow-on SWS panel during the workshop at ICSOC 2005 => http://www.icsoc.org/

This could be a great opportunity to meet in person, renew and further the discussions we have started, and help strengthen our collective efforts to give some directions and flesh out important research issues and questions for the SWS community (both academia and industry).

Ideally, as for the ontolog-forum presentation, we would have representation for each of the major SWS initiative.  I have WSDL-S confirmed, OWL-S confirmed, and partial commitment from WSMO, as well as pending invitations for SWSF/FLOWS.

Of course, I realize that the timing is short, and with limited funding, travel can be a serious issue.  So I am asking the presenters (and some colleagues) if they could participate in this panel in Amsterdam in December 12th?

I plan to summarize and share the results of the panel with the ontolog-forum community.  Also, I was thinking that we could setup a Skype conference line for those who are not able to attend but would be willing to call in (time is TBD for now)....  just an idea at this point but if interested please contact me directly.

If you are willing to participate OR have suggestions then please feel free to contact me also.

Best regards,

E. M. (Max) Maximilien, Ph.D.
IBM Almaden Research Center
San Jose, CA USA