Re: [ontolog-forum] Re: Preparation for the 2005.10.20 Technical Discus

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Maximilien <maxim@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 02:53:49 -0700

All,

As I suggested in my previous post, we should also include the WSDL-S effort.   This has potential for significant traction in the SWS space since it takes a very pragmatic and lightweight approach to adding semantics to Web services.  There are various communities already using the specification and it was submitted to the W3C.  Here are some references:

[1] Web Services Semantics - WSDL-S: http://www.w3.org/2005/04/FSWS/Submissions/17/WSDL-S.htm
[2] http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/wssem

There are also tools available for the Eclipse platform and others:

[1] METEOR-S tool from the University of Georgia: http://lsdis.cs.uga.edu/projects/meteor-s/
[2] Semantic tools for Web services from IBM's alphaWorks: http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/wssem

Others are on the works.  I have lined up the two point researchers from both University of Georgia and IBM Research (and teams) to participate in the call.

---------------------

Secondly, who are we inviting for the OWL-S side of the world?

Thanks,

E. M. Maximilien, Ph.D.
IBM Almaden Research Center
San Jose, CA USA
maxim@xxxxxxxxxx
Homepage: http://maximilien.org

"Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ontolog-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

09/09/2005 01:14 PM
Please respond to
"[ontolog-forum] "

"[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [ontolog-forum]  Re: Preparation for the 2005.10.20 Technical Discussion on Semantic Web Service Ontology Standard

Thanks you all, Nicolas, John, MichaelM & MichaelG. How we've got
our program team together ... I bow out now, so that you can
continue the prep work.

Please continue the dialog on this thread, and capture
significant progress under the ?prep page at:
 http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_10_20

At an appropriate time, please move salient portions of that work
(confirmed panelists, abstract, framing-of-the-issues, ... a
consensus set of questions we like to address within that 2-hour
session, ... etc.) over to the session page proper, at:

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_10_20/Prep

Feel free to solicit other suggestions and comments from the rest
of the community too.

Cheers.  =ppy
--

http://www.wsmo.org/TR/d16/d16.1/v0.2/#sec:wsml-capability-interface

http://www.daml.org/services/swsf/1.1/swso/appendices/swso-rules.html

http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_07_28#nidEDP)

John Domingue wrote Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:39:56 +0100:
> I also confirm my participation. I'll be talking primarily about the
> WSMO effort
>
> john

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Gruninger"
> <gruninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
> Cc: "Nicolas F Rouquette" <nicolas.rouquette@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "John
> Domingue" <j.b.domingue@xxxxxxxxxx>; "Michael Gruninger"
> <gruning@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Michael Maximilien" <maxim@xxxxxxxxxx>;
> "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Duane Nickull"
> <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>; "Peter F Brown" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 7:52 PM
> Subject: Re: Preparation for the 2005.10.20 Technical Discussion on
> Semantic Web Service Ontology Standard
>

>> Peter P. Yim wrote:
>>
>> Hello Peter,
>> this is to confirm my participation on the panel;
>> I will be presenting the latest news from the SWSI/FLOWS effort.
>>
>> - michael

>>> NicolasRouquette, JohnDomingue, MichaelMaximilien & MichaelGruninger,
>>>
>>> In view of the reschedule (from 10/27 to 10/20) I have re-initialized
>>> the session wiki page (and its companion /prep page). See:
>>>
>>> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_10_20
>>> and (more importantly, for now)