[ontolog-forum] Re: Preparation for the 2005.10.20 Technical Discussion

To: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>, Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>, Michael Gruninger <gruning@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Domingue <j.b.domingue@xxxxxxxxxx>, Nicolas F Rouquette <nicolas.rouquette@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter F Brown <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Maximilien <maxim@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 06:30:08 -0700

Peter et al.,

> To make sure this new date is, in fact, feasible, could you all
> *kindly acknowledge this message*, as well as indicate your
> availability. It would be nice if you could also indicate the

Available.

> people each of you are planning to invite to this session so that
> we could (besides the 3 European efforts that John promised to
> help bring together) have a representative spectrum of all the
> key efforts that are underway regarding the topic area.

There are two SWS groups that I have some ties with: (1) WSDL-S and (2) OWL-S

(1) I have spoken with recently and invited, Rama Akkiraju (IBM Research Watson) as well as Amit Sheth (University of Georgia), to talk about WSDL-S.  I have asked them to agree on some tag-team or solo effort (as they wish).  They both plan to be on the call.

As an FYI, WSDL-S is being submitted to the W3C and their basic 'thesis' is to take a pragmatic approach to adding semantics to Web services.  Especially, by trying to reuse current industry de-facto standards, e.g., WSDL.

(2) I was planning on contacting David Martin (SRI) and Katia Sycara (CMU) to see if they would talk about OWL-S.  I know both from workshops at previous AAMAS and AAMAS Web services workshops.

I realize that the OWL-S community has other active members so I wanted to check with the other co-organizers to see if they have suggestions or planned to invite other OWL-S parties.  Please let me know ASAP, otherwise I will forward my invitation (on behalf of the forum and organizers) to David and Katia.

That's all for now.  Take care,

E. M. Maximilien, Ph.D.
IBM Almaden Research Center
San Jose, CA USA