Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog Invited Speaker - Professor Jim Hendler - T

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:01:59 -0700
The Ontolog Forum had a most wonderful dialog session with
Professor Jim Hendler from the University of Maryland today.
Close to 40 people were engaged in this virtual session, making
it a record turnout for similar Ontolog community events.    (01)

Great exchanges were made between Professor Hendler and the
audience, in this monthly Ontolog invited speaker session
entitled "Semantic Web Q & A".    (02)

Thank you very much, Jim, for sharing your insight with us.
Thanks are also due to Professor Mark Musen (Stanford) for
inviting Professor Hendler to the talk, on behalf of our
community, and for opening the session for us today. And, as
always, appreciations to all who participated at the session.    (03)

The digitized (mp3) audio recording of the entire discussion has
now been posted. That will be archived in our knowledge
repository for reference and download by anyone interested.
Additionally, for the next 10 days, telephone playback will also
available. See details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_08_11#nidDFX    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (05)

P.S. Our next couple of major events have already been lined up.
  On Thu Aug. 25, 2005, Mr. Rex Brooks of HumanMarkup.org will be
moderating a panel discussion on "Healthcare Informatics
Landscapes, Roadmaps, and Blueprints: Towards a Business Case
Strategy for Large Scale Ontology Projects" ... and,
On Thu Sep. 8, 2005, Ms. Elisa Kendall from Sandpiper Software
will be giving a talk entitled: "The Model Driven Semantic Web –
Emerging Technologies & Implementation Strategies."
Mark your calendars now ... and refer to our other announcements
for details. =ppy