[ontolog-forum] How does an individual join the forum

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 08:48:39 -0700
Thank you very much for asking, Carl.    (01)

On the Ontolog WikiHomePage (http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki/),
there is a "Membership" section, where relevant details can be found.    (02)

The link to that section is:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid1J    (03)

That will get people subscribed to the main [ontolog-forum] list.
Joining other projects/lists (e.g. [cctont-imp] or [health-ont])
involves an individuals participation in those projects, and
coordinating it with a particular project's managers or coordinators.    (04)

... rather than just reviewing the "Membership" section, I would
strongly recommend potential and new members to browse through
the entire WikiHomePage content and even navigate the links
provided. Note that a Community of Practice (CoP) is NOT a FORMAL
organization (our projects, and our work, should be, though!)    (05)

Feel free to post other questions, or suggest how we could do
this better.    (06)

Cheers.  =ppy    (07)

P.S. This is an important subject, and therefore, I am taking
Carl's input and starting a new thread on it. It is generally
good practice to start a new thread for a new subject matter, and
continue an existing thread (by "replying" to a message) if one
is staying on a particular (ongoing) subject. =ppy