Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontolog Nomination of AHIC Candidate

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mark Musen <musen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:13:15 -0700
On Jun 30, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Peter Yim wrote:
Hearing no objection, we hereby confirm that the motion:

   that "Dr. Mark Musen be nominated as the Ontolog Community's
candidate to the AHIC"

as proposed by Bob Smith, has been adopted unanimously by the Ontolog Community.

Congratulations, Mark!

Thank you all for thinking of me and for your support.  I will certainly carry the philosophy and mission of the Ontolog community to this committee, assuming that Dr. Brailer's office determines that they are seeking someone like me for the panel.  Issues of semantic integration are critical to creating the National Health Information Infrastructure; I certainly hope that the nation can provide the leadership and the incentives to tackle this problem the "right" way.

Mark