[ontolog-forum] April Activities

To: "Semantic Interoperability Community of Practice" <sicop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Brand Niemann" <bniemann@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:04:42 -0400
1. The SWANS Conference is shaping up to highly successful. Thanks for your
support. See the attached for my opening remarks and one page handout and
provide any feedback ASAP.    (01)

2. Pat Cassidy has given us a proposed new Working Group - Ontology and
Taxonomy Coordinating Work Group (ONTACG), which I endorse since we need
this is very timely with our starting the education and review of the FEA
Referencee Model Ontology (FEA-RMO), the National Health Information Network
Ontology Building, etc. Please see the attached draft charter and give me
your feedback ASAP.    (02)

3. The KM.Gov All Hands Meeting (free) is April 21st at the Ronald
International Trade Center (Federal Triangle Metro Station), during the eGov
KM Conference, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. at which there will be a brief SICoP
presentation in the morning following David Wennergren's, Navy CIO and Chair
of the KM.Gov WG, opening remarks. See http://www.e-gov.com/events/2005/km    (03)

4. We are still trying to schedule a Face-to-Face SICoP meeting during the
KM Conference, probably on April 22nd in the morning, to feature a
presentation on the FEA-RMO.    (04)

I hope to see you at the SWANS Conference.    (05)

Brand, Co-Chair, SICoP
202-236-6432 Cell    (06)