Re: [ontolog-forum] Sigma and SUMO

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:29:42 -0800
 > I would like to suggest some policy mechanisms for getting commitment
to the
 > main points of our response. Ideally, we will simply reach rapid
consensus
 > on issues; but if not, either we follow something like Robert's Rules of
 > Order and hold a vote on a position, or some other policy mechanism.    (01)

I agree with Bob that informal, colleagial processes and consensus
should be the norm in arriving at group dispositions for the community.
However, we (also) do have a documented community process - rather
formal, in fact - to fall back to. See:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage#nid045
(By the way, Jon Bosak, who drafted the original OASIS TC process,
developed a lot of that from the foundation of "Robert's Rules of Order".)    (02)

-ppy

Bob Smith wrote Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:19:17 -0800:    (04)