RE: [ontolog-forum] Sigma and SUMO

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bob Smith" <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:19:17 -0800
Thanks, Peter.    (01)

Scott, did this resolve the issue?    (02)

In either event, it might be useful to consider the options for coping
effectively with a variety of complications as we prepare to send our
Ontology message to Dr. Brailer's team on the 18th.    (03)

Ideally, all future RFI's will be Requests for Domain Knowledge, and all
future RFP's will be Requests for Upper and Domain Ontologies....    (04)

Pragmatic considerations, however, indicate this ideal is a few cycles ahead
of us. So our current intent is to make a strong case for an Ontology
approach to the many issues confronting Dr. Brailer et al.    (05)

I would like to suggest some policy mechanisms for getting commitment to the
main points of our response. Ideally, we will simply reach rapid consensus
on issues; but if not, either we follow something like Robert's Rules of
Order and hold a vote on a position, or some other policy mechanism.     (06)

Any suggestions or preferences should be presented prior to our session
tomorrow, and consensus on policy processes achieved soon, or we could fail
to submit any Ontology solution on time.    (07)

Thanks,    (08)

Bob Smith
NHIN_RFI Project
714 536 1084