Re: [ontolog-forum] EIDX "Semantic Harmonization" panel session - Dec.

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jon Bosak <Jon.Bosak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Kim Rogers <krogers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ian Henzel <IHenzel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:11:02 -0800
We had a great session at the EIDX "Semantic Harmonization" panel that
was chaired by Jon Bosak..    (01)

All the presentations made at the session, are now available from the
session wiki page, under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_12_01#nid015    (02)

The whitepaper "A Case for the Ontological Expression of E-Business
Standards" by Kurt Conrad, Bo Newman & Bob Smith, which was handed out
at the session is available there too.    (03)

Session-4: the discussion among the panelists and the participants was
just wonderful. Special thanks to Leo Obrst and Steve Ray, who joined us
remotely, and contributed much to the discussion. The group would
probably have been there for a few more hours, if Jon didn't have had to
kick us out of the building. :-)  Jon suggested that we should do this
again in the next EIDX conference (April 2005.)    (04)

Thanks to Susan Turnbull and Alan Stitzer, we've got pretty much the
entire 3-hour session recorded. The audio recording is available in a
downloadable MP3 file, and also (within the next 9~10 days) as telephone
playback.
See:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_12_01#nid036    (05)

Regards.  -ppy

Peter P. Yim wrote Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:34:51 -0800:    (07)