Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings from Conference Call Thu 2004-10-21

To: Holger Knublauch <holger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'[ontolog-forum]'" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:40:29 -0700
Hi Holger,    (01)

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll let Evan, Pat, Adam and
others in the community to comment on it.    (02)

Besides mapping into OWL (or round-tripping, assuming we can actually
make a lossless mapping), we also (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CctRepresentation#nid0136) want
to map to other more popular representations like XSD, UML, ... etc.
granted that some of those will be lossy translations. [Our original
list included: OWL, XML/XSD, RDF/S, UML2/OCL, UMM/UML Class Diagram,
SQL, ... ]    (03)

We obviously want to capitalize on the rich suite of Protege plugins to
ease our job (on the multiple translation exercises, after we have
"imported" the KIF ontology into Protege and/or OWL). To that end, we
hope to tap into the Protege project team's knowledge and connections,
so that we can draw upon the expertise of people who have intimate
knowledge working between Protege and each and every one of the
representations that we are targeting.    (04)

Suggestions?    (05)

Thanks & regards.  -ppy

Holger Knublauch wrote Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:46:14 -0700:    (07)