[ontolog-forum] Re: Ontology slot at the December EIDX meeting

To: jon.bosak@xxxxxxx, ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:00:25 -0700
Jon,    (01)

Thank you very much for the message, and again, for the invitation.    (02)

 > I'm writing to confirm that you or someone you designate from the
 > Ontolog Forum can commit to participating.    (03)

Yes, we (I or someone representing relevant work from the Ontolog Forum)
will be there.    (04)

 >  Please feel free to share this message as you see fit.
 >  ... Part of our plan for publicizing the event is to request each of
 >  the three panelists to use his or her own interest groups to alert
 >  members of the opportunity to hear the speakers and participate in
 >  the panel discussion.    (05)

Good idea. I'm sharing this with our community by way of posting this
thread to the [ontolog-forum].
May I also take the opportunity to request ontolog members to help pass
the word along to
other communities they are involved in (NIST, SICoP, OntoWeb, ...) who
are actively
addressing the issue of  Semantic Harmonization as well.    (06)

 >  I and the rest of the EIDX board are hoping to make the EIDX
 >  meetings a continuing forum for this topic. As far as we
 >  know, there is no other place where these different approaches to
 >  semantic harmonization can be compared and discussed.    (07)

Sounds good. Appreciate your playing host to this very important dialog.
 ... As for whether or not there are "other places", the last time we
were at NIST (joint NIST-Ontolog meeting, 2004-07-09, see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_July_2004/NistOntologMeeting_2004_07_09),    (08)

someone had mentioned that there is (or had been) a similar effort going
that was hosted at NIST not too long ago. Maybe someone from NIST can
jump in and tell us more ... please?
[I guess that's the beauty of open forums ... at least we all get to
know quickly, independent of consensus. :-)]    (09)

Thanks again, Jon. Look forward to working with you on this in December,
if not sooner.    (010)

Regards.  -ppy
--    (011)

jon.bosak@xxxxxxx wrote Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:10:54 -0700 (PDT):    (012)