Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings from Conference Call Thu 2004-09-02

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:21:30 -0700
The few of us who made it to today's call, had a wonderful time
exchanging ideas on what else we can do to make Ontolog more useful to
the community. A few great ideas came up. See them at our conference
call proceedings at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_09_02    (01)

A few things to note:    (02)

1. There will be no regular ontolog call next Thursday. But, instead,
members are encouraged to participate (either in person, or remotely) at
the 2nd Semantic Technologies for E-Government Conference. See details
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_09_02#nid057    (03)

2. The Thursday after that, we will have having Dr. Michael Gruninger
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MichaelGruninger) as the
invited Ontolog speaker for the month to present and discuss with our
community. Michael will mainly be talking about PSL, Process
Specification Language, the set of KIF-based ontological standard (ISO
18629) that he is working on at NIST (US National Institute for
Standards and Technology). That will be on Thu 2004.09.16
10:30am~12:30pm PDT / 1:30pm~ 3:30pm PDT. Therefore, mark you calendar
now. I'll be making another post with more details, and will be asking
you for RSVP to help me find out how many lines on the conference bridge
I should be reserving. Stay tuned.    (04)

Thanks & regards.  -ppy