Re: [ontolog-forum] ontology-driven Wikis

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Chris Dent <cdent@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:50:28 -0700
Sounds exciting, Eugene!    (01)

... By the way, for those who are not aware, Eugene and his Blue Oxen
Associates, are the people who developed the open source PurpleWiki, as
well as the mharc.pl software that puts PurpleNumbers onto our email
archive, which are key components of the collaborative work environment
that we are working on. Thank you Eugene (and your associates)!    (02)

Back when we were discussing methodologies for use with the UBL-Ontology
project ... use of the wiki was actually brought up as a candidate (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Methodology#nid033) ... those
who propose it then might give the subject some more thought, and
connect up with Eugene.    (03)

Your discussion thread (see:
http://collab.blueoxen.net/forums/tools-yak/2004-08/msg00005.html) on
the subject is most interesting and thought provoking. I tend to agree
with Chris Dent in the case for WikiWords. My first reaction:    (04)

WikiWords has a lot to do with why Wiki's are deemed effective today --
it provides a  deterministic one-to-one mapping  so conveniently and
reliably. The use of the word "instead" in your
MarkupFreeAutoLinkingWiki description
(http://www.eekim.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MarkupFreeAutoLinkingWiki#nid22J)
sounds a bit scary. If we change that to "in addition to" -- i.e. having
a wiki that would support linking BOTH by way of WikiWords *and*
Concepts -- that could  really be useful.     (05)

Thanks & regards.  -ppy

Eugene Eric Kim wrote Thu, 12 Aug 2004 12:42:19 -0700:    (07)