Re: [ontolog-forum] 9 July F2F meeting @ NIST

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Internet Business Logic <ibl@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 19:27:10 -0400
Hi Evan --    (01)

Adrian Walker here....  Thanks for your Ontolog posting, below.    (02)

I'd like to plan on attending the Ontolog Face-to-Face meeting on July
9th please.    (03)

(Sorry -- I dont see a July 9th specific list on the wiki to add my name
to).    (04)

Security details:  Adrian Walker, Reengineering LLC, PO Box 1412,
Bristol CT 06011.
                            US Citizen.  Website
www.reengineeringllc.com .  Phone 860 583 9677.    (05)

If it's of interest, I could make a presentation based on the attached file.    (06)

Plese let me know if this is OK.  I look forward to some enlightening
discussions.    (07)

                               Best regards,  -- Adrian    (08)

ewallace@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:    (09)

>I have talked with Steve Ray and we can now start firming up
>plans for the Ontolog Face-to-Face meeting scheduled for the
>afternoon of 9 July at NIST.
>
>Timing - We probably shouldn't plan to start any earlier than 1:30,
>given travel, lunch, and check-in at the front gate.
>
>Security - Every guest will have to be identified in advance and some
>personal information may need to be collected.  Did anyone take note
>of who said they were coming in email.  The list on the wiki page is
>certainly not complete.  Can those who wish to attend please add there
>name to that list?
>
>Agenda - What are the things that the Ontolog Forum needs to
>accomplish that are best done in a Face-to-Face meeting?  Are there
>any NIST specific items to cover while you are here?  Should the
>workshop on Tuesday generate agenda items or even a direction for the
>f2f?
>
>-Evan
>
>Evan K. Wallace
>Manufacturing Systems Integration Division
>NIST
>ewallace@xxxxxxxx

--     (011)

Internet Business Logic  --  online at www.reengineeringllc.com    (012)

Reengineering LLC,  PO Box 1412,  Bristol,  CT 06011-1412,  USA    (013)

Phone 860 583 9677     Mobile 860 830 2085     Fax 860 314 1029    (014)

|         We show how to answer the 14 Semantic Web test questions in the paper:
|
|                   A Comparison of RDF Query Languages
|         by Peter Haase, Jeen Broekstra, Andreas Eberhart, and Raphael Volz
|
|                http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/pha/rdf-query
|
|         version 20040506               Please send comments to ibl@xxxxxxxx
|
|     You can run these rules in your browser, using the Internet Business
|Logic system
|                          at  www.reengineeringllc.com    (01)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
that-paper is related by fact#:author to some-description
that-description is related by some-rdf-node to some-home-page
that-home-page is related by fact#:name to some-name
1. that-name is an author of the publication that-title    (02)

some-name is an author , with email some-email , of some-title
2. that-name is an author , with email that-email , of that-title    (03)

some-home-page is related by fact#:email to some-email
there is a known email address for the person with home page that-home-page    (04)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
that-paper is related by fact#:author to some-description
that-description is related by some-rdf-node to some-home-page
that-home-page is related by fact#:name to some-name
that-home-page is related by fact#:email to some-email
that-name is an author , with email that-email , of that-title    (05)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
that-paper is related by fact#:author to some-description
that-description is related by some-rdf-node to some-home-page
that-home-page is related by fact#:name to some-name
not : there is a known email address for the person with home page
that-home-page
that-name is an author , with email (unknown) , of that-title    (06)

some-namespace is related by rdfs#:label to some-item
3. that-item is in the list consisting of all topics and all titles of
publications    (07)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-item
3. that-item is in the list consisting of all topics and all titles of
publications    (08)

some-namespace is related by rdfs#:label to some-item
not : that-item is a title of a publication
4. that-item is in the list consisting of all topics that are not titles of
publications    (09)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-item
that-item is a title of a publication    (010)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
that-paper is related by fact#:author to some-description
that-description is related by some-rdf-node to some-home-page
that-home-page is related by fact#:name to some-name
that-name is an author of that-title    (011)

some-home-page is related by fact#:name to some-name
some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
not : that-name is an author of that-title
the person that-name is missing from the list of authors of at least one paper    (012)

some-home-page is related by fact#:name to some-name
not : the person that-name is missing from the list of authors of at least one
paper
5. the person that-name is an author of all publications    (013)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
count some-name : some-name is an author of that-title = some-number
6. the publication that-title has that-number author(s)    (014)

the topic  Information Systems  is a super topic of some-topic
7. that-topic is a sub topic of Information Systems    (015)

some-namespace1 is related by daml#:SubTopic to some-namespace2
that-namespace1 is related by rdfs#:label to some-topic1
that-namespace2 is related by rdfs#:label to some-topic2
the topic that-topic1 is a super topic of that-topic2    (016)

the topic some-topic1 is a super topic of some-topic2
the topic that-topic2 is a super topic of some-topic3
the topic that-topic1 is a super topic of that-topic3    (017)

some-paper is related by http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/:creator to some-name
using reification
that-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
8. that-name is the person who has classified the paper that-title    (018)

reified_triple is related by rdf:subject to some-paper
reified_triple is related by http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/:creator to
some-namespace
that-namespace is related by fact#:name to some-name
that-paper is related by http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/:creator to that-name
using reification    (019)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
that-paper is related by fact#:author to __Description1
__Description1 is related by rdf:_1 to some-uri
that-uri is related by fact#:name to some-name
9.  that-name is the first author of the publication that-title    (020)

some-namespace is shorthand for some-uri
http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/ followed by some-WBS/namespace = that-uri
WBS/ followed by some-namespace = some-WBS/namespace
that-namespace is related by fact#:name to some-name
10. resource that-name has a namespace starts with http://aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/    (021)

|  To answer question 11 properly, we appear to need more data in sample.rdf
|  at http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/pha/rdf-query    (022)

ACMdm is related by rdfs#:label to some-topic1
ACMdm is related by rdfs#:label to some-topic
that-topic1 lexically precedes that-topic
11. that-topic is the German label of the topic whose English label is Database
Management    (023)

some-topic1 is less than some-topic2
that-topic1 lexically precedes that-topic2    (024)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
that-paper is related by fact#:pages to some-number
12. the publication that-title has that-number of pages (lexical)    (025)

some-paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
that-paper is related by fact#:pages to some-0number
that-0number (lexical) converts to that-number (numeric)
13. the publication that-title has that-number of pages (numeric)    (026)

0 followed by some-number = some-0number
that-0number (lexical) converts to that-number (numeric)    (027)

some-number1 is a digit between 1 and 9
that-number1 followed by some-number2 = some-number
that-number (lexical) converts to that-number (numeric)    (028)

some-number is a digit between 1 and 9
that-number (lexical) converts to that-number (numeric)    (029)

this-number is a digit between 1 and 9
=======================================
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9    (030)

some-Publication is related by rdf:type to rdfs#Class
some-InProceedings is related by rdfs#:subClassOf to that-Publication
some-Paper is related by rdf:type to some-fact#InProceedings
fact# followed by that-InProceedings = that-fact#InProceedings
that-Paper is related by fact#:title to some-title
14. that-title is a member of the class Publication    (031)

this-subject is related by this-predicate to this-object
=====================================================================================================================
Publication                     rdf:type
rdfs#Class
InProceedings                   rdf:type
rdfs#Class
InProceedings                   rdfs#:subClassOf
Publication
Person                          rdf:type
rdfs#Class
Person                          rdfs#:subClassOf                           Human
Human                           rdf:type
rdfs#Class
Human                           rdfs#:subClassOf
Person
Topic                           rdf:type
rdfs#Class
author                          rdf:type
rdf#Property
author                          rdfs#:domain
Publication
author                          rdfs#:range
rdf#Seq
title                           rdf:type
rdf#Property
title                           rdfs#:domain
Publication
title                           rdfs#:range
xmls#STRING
pages                           rdf:type
rdf#Property
pages                           rdfs#:domain
Publication
pages                           rdfs#:range
xmls#INTEGER
year                            rdf:type
rdf#Property
year                            rdfs#:domain
Publication
isAbout                         rdf:type
rdf#Property
isAbout                         rdfs#:range                                Topic
name                            rdf:type
rdf#Property
name                            rdfs#:domain
Person
name                            rdfs#:range
xmls#STRING
email                           rdf:type
rdf#Property
email                           rdfs#:domain
Person
email                           rdfs#:range
xmls#STRING
rvo                             rdf:type
fact#Person
rvo                             rdf:type                                   Human
rvo                             fact#:name
Raphael Volz
pha                             rdf:type
fact#Person
pha                             fact#:name
Peter Haase
aeb                             rdf:type
fact#Human
aeb                             fact#:name
Andreas Eberhart
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~jbroeks/   fact#:name                                 Jeen
Broekstra
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~jbroeks/   fact#:email
jbroeks@xxxxxxxx
Paper                           rdf:type
fact#InProceedings
Paper                           fact#:title                                An
Overview of RDF Query Languages
__Description1                  rdf:type
rdf#Seq
__Description1                  rdf:_1
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~jbroeks/
__Description1                  rdf:_2                                     aeb
__Description1                  rdf:_3                                     pha
__Description1                  rdf:_4                                     rvo
Paper                           fact#:author
__Description1
Paper                           fact#:pages                                08
Paper                           fact#:year                                 2004
Paper                           fact#:isAbout                              ACMql
reified_triple                  rdf:type
rdf:Statement
reified_triple                  rdf:subject                                Paper
reified_triple                  rdf:predicate
fact#:isAbout
reified_triple                  rdf:object                                 ACMql
reified_triple                  http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/:creator   pha
ACMis                           rdf:type
daml#Topic
ACMis                           rdfs#:label
Information Systems
ACMis                           rdfs#:label
Informationsysteme
ACMis                           daml#:SubTopic                             ACMdm
ACMdm                           rdf:type
daml#Topic
ACMdm                           rdfs#:label
Database Management
ACMdm                           rdfs#:label
Datenbankmanagement
ACMdm                           daml#:SubTopic
ACMlang
ACMlang                         rdf:type
daml#Topic
ACMlang                         rdfs#:label
Languages
ACMlang                         rdfs#:label
Sprachen
ACMlang                         daml#:SubTopic                             ACMql
ACMql                           rdf:type
daml#Topic
ACMql                           rdfs#:label
Query Languages
ACMql                           rdfs#:label
Anfragesprachen    (032)

this-namespace is shorthand for this-URI
rdf        http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns
rdfs       http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema
xmls       http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
sample     http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/pha/rdf-query/sample.rdf
rvo        http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/rvo
aeb        http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/aeb
pha        http://www.aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de/WBS/pha
ACMql
ACMTopic/Information_Systems/Database_Management/Languages/Query_Languages
ACMlang    ACMTopic/Information_Systems/Database_Management/Languages
ACMdm      ACMTopic/Information_Systems/Database_Management
ACMis      ACMTopic/Information_Systems
daml       http://daml.umbc.edu/ontologies/topic-ont    (033)