Re: [ubl-lcsc] Re: [ontolog-forum] [Fwd: [ubl-lcsc] Modeling Core Compon

To: Tim McGrath <tmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "CRAWFORD, Mark" <MCRAWFORD@xxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ubl-lcsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:12:16 -0800
Further, Tim, ref your,
 > to be honest i think it would confuse
 > everyone to try and redesign these.    (01)

I totally agree. The [ontolog] effort is, hopefully, an attempt to to
fully represent CCT concepts (as part and partial of the ubl-ontology
development effort) in a semantically unambiguous way; to the extent
that machines, as well as humans, can use those concepts in the
future, in all sorts of ways, inclusive of making inferences (that
possibly being an important aspect of the semantic web of the future).    (02)

Obviously, any candidate for improvement to the original design or
implementation, as discovered during our process of developing the
ontology, can be duly provided as feedback/recommendations to the
owner of the specification, which, in the case of CCT's, would be (a
relevant working group in) UN/CEFACT.    (03)

In short, like yourself, we hope to clarify (both for people and for
machines), rather than to confuse.    (04)

Regards.  -ppy

Tim McGrath wrote Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:02:44 +0800:
> by all means. BTW it is not my model, it is CEFACTs (but thanks for
> sugggesting it was). the diagram was an attempt to describe the model in
> a way that made  sense to me (and hopefully others).  if it has errors i
> would welcome any corrections as its purpose was to help us understand
> CCT structures not design them.