[ontolog-forum] WebDAV access

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[cwe-talk]" <cwe-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:19:05 -0800
Further to the discussion after today's call
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_02_19#nid042),
for those who still have problems with WebDAV uploads to the ontolog
file workspace, we have a solution here.    (01)

I have done some searching around and confirms that Microsoft/WinXP
does have some problems -- although I have managed to setup proper
connections myself (not without problems, but at least it was doable
and repeatable) from both WinXP Home and WinXP Pro.    (02)

On recommendation of one of the online resource (ref:
http://www.ez.no/ez_publish/documentation/incoming/webdav_clients_and_compatiblity),    (03)

I tried WebDrive 6.0 (available at:
http://download.com.com/3000-2160-10260898.html) and confirm that it
worked without a hitch.    (04)

Please test it out for yourselves. Try making a connection to:    (05)

   http://ontolog.cim3.net/resource/    (06)

   user name = "ontolog-member"  (without the " ")
   password  = "ontology"        (without the " ")    (07)

(this should allow you to put things into the directory that will show
up under http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/resource/ when you point your
browser to it.)    (08)

Other pertinent directories that are useful in our case, include:    (09)

   http://ontolog.cim3.net/work/
   http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/community/
   http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/pub/    (010)

Would those of you who tried the above kindly provide feedback to the
rest of us.    (011)

Thanks.  -ppy    (012)