[ontolog-forum] Wiki as an ontological reference

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "DonEMitchell" <Don.Mitchell@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 20:25:01 -0800
Hi Danny Ayers and Ontolog,    (01)

Great to see the ontology development efforts.    (02)

And the Wiki as an onotological reference base (ORB) would also serve a
community of practice, or an eTown Hall, or an Emergency Services system,
adult education, health-care(think SARS and CDC) awareness, etc.    (03)

The conversion of war funds of the TIA to homeland security is under way to
fund the expansion of wireless connectivity to US citizens.    (04)

(China has also undertaken such a citizen-centric effort I
understand --sorry, no
links).    (05)

Such an effort can be wrapped in a startup corp. to attract available grant
funding, and I hope to assemble a plan toward such in the next few weeks.    (06)

I am involved with a community that is involved with a Citizen's network
(Citizen's Communication Corp.), a non-profit corp on public funds.    (07)

A larger association of 40 similar community owned (electric) depertments in
this State alone
are also attempting to "evolve" the next American "upgrade" of wireless to
the "new" utility of today.    (08)

A new federal program that is akin was the US Federal grants that made
electicity available to ALL
US citizens after World War II, regardless of how far up some hollow anyone
may abe, or how
non-profitable running power to ALL citizens was.    (09)

A citizen's centric focus is the key, and also the focus of the political
concensus that is attempting to eradicate war profiteering (which is the
origin of the DARPA-TIA funds per some).    (010)

Note: my earlier thread on ethics of Big-brother (DARPA-TIA) are updated to
the newer discussions in the Beltway which see that threat dimenished.    (011)

Please contact me at DonEMitchell@xxxxxxxxx for confabulation details.  I am
working on a presentation for the city fathers.    (012)

Also...    (013)

I am seeking a startup team to start an incubator project as an
alpha-project for this small city I consult toward just that sort of goal
(incubation funded by state/fed grants).    (014)

The bigger picture is to assemble a community fortified by Wireless
Application Protocol solutions (WAP) hand-held devices as a solution toward
emergency,
adult education, health-care and citizen-centric government (eTown Hall,
etc).    (015)

Feel free to inquire.    (016)

Regards,    (017)

DonEMitchell    (018)