[ontolog-forum] [Fwd: [protege-users] 2004 Protege Conference Announcem

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:42:04 -0800
fyi ...    (01)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [protege-users] 2004 Protege Conference Announcement
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:36:56 -0800
From: Ray Fergerson <fergerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: protege-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (02)

Protege Users,    (03)

We are happy to announce that the Seventh International Protege
Conference will be held on July 6-9, 2004.  The meeting will take
place at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
Please mark these dates on your calendar and plan to join us for a few
days this summer.  We would like to thank the National Cancer
Institute Center for Bioinformatics (NCICB) for volunteering to
sponsor this event.    (04)

This meeting is traditionally a forum for users to meet one another
and the Protege team and for us to meet you.  We discuss common
problems and solutions as well as current activities and plans.  The
meetings are fairly informal and also help the Protege team to set
priorities for development work. This will be the first meeting to
take place in North America in over 8 years, following a long series
of very successful meetings in Europe.    (05)

In order to deal with the rapidly increasing attendance we will change
the format this year. The meeting will now be a conference rather than
a workshop. The event will include one day of tutorials and small
focused workshops and two and a half days of the main conference. The
main conference will include paper presentations, a poster session,
and a demo session. We will announce shortly a Call for Papers for the
conference with more information. This year there will be a review
process for papers and the number of presentations will be limited.    (06)

Because of limitations in the conference facilities, we will limit the
meeting to 150 people. Please register as soon as possible in order to
reserve a spot. You will be able to register from the workshop website
within a few weeks.  We will be charging a small registration fee for
the workshop to cover some of the expenses.    (07)

We will post follow-up announcements with additional information when
it becomes available. We have put up a web site about the workshop at
      http://protege.stanford.edu/conference/2004
This site is rudimentary at the moment but we will flesh it out in the
coming weeks.    (08)

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in July at the
meeting.    (09)

The Protege Team    (010)