WebDAV access now available [was Re: [ontolog-forum] Collaboration Tools

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:27:28 -0800
 > 2. For the time being, please upload to the file sharing workspace
 > via FTP.
 > ftp site location: ftp://ontolog.cim3.net:2221
 > Team Access Credentials:
 >    username = "ontolog-member"  (without the " ")
 >    password = "ontology"        (without the " ")
 > We are moving access to a webDAV arrangement shortly. I'll post
 > again with then.    (01)

1. I am happy to announce that the WebDAV server implementation is
fully in place now. We will no longer be supporting FTP access.
Instead, file transfers to the server will be done, in the future,
through WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring & Versioning; see:
http://www.webdav.org/).    (02)

2. WebDAV access can be made, for example, with the following platforms:    (03)

(i) Unix/Linux - with cadaver (see: http://www.webdav.org/cadaver/)    (04)

(ii) Windows - through "add network places" and then assigning the
http address as the network location; setting it up as a webfolder.    (05)

(ii) Mac's - through "connect to network | WebDAV server"    (06)

(iv) from within a good number of web editors (like Dreamweaver,
FrontPage, ... etc.)    (07)

3. The following directories are accessible as indicated:    (08)

   ["http://ontolog.cim3.net"; is abbreviated as "ONTOLOG" below]    (09)

   Browser Access URL          WebDAV Location          PW Access by    (010)

   http://ontolog.cim3.net     ONTOLOG/portal                E, A    (011)

   ONTOLOG/file/project        ONTOLOG/project*              M, A
   ONTOLOG/file/resource       ONTOLOG/resource*             M, A    (012)

   ONTOLOG/file/membership     ONTOLOG/membership*           A
   ONTOLOG/file/ontolog-admin* ONTOLOG/file/ontolog-admin*   A    (013)

   ONTOLOG/file/pub            ONTOLOG/file/pub              everyone
   ONTOLOG/file/team-only*     ONTOLOG/file/team-only*       M, A    (014)

   ( * = password authentication requested;
         M = ontolog-member
         E = ontolog-editor
         A = ontolog-admin )    (015)

4. Please refer to our wiki page at
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ToolsCollaboration#nid024 for
more details and latest updates.    (016)

Regards,
PPY
--    (017)

Peter P. Yim wrote Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:28:28 -0800:    (018)