[ontolog-forum] Proposed schedule for November face-to-face

To: Ontolog Forum <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jon Bosak <Jon.Bosak@xxxxxxx>
From: Kurt Conrad <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:26:22 -0700
All,

Peter and I met with Jon Bosak, chair of the OASIS UBL committee, last Thursday.  We described our interest in conducting a face-to-face meeting in conjunction with the UBL meeting in November.

Together, we drafted the following schedule and Jon is looking into providing us with a meeting room in San Francisco.

2003.09.05 (Wednesday)

  15:00 to 17:00 - Joint session with full UBL committee
  • Opportunity to report our status and solicit feedback
  17:30 to 19:00 - Tutorial
  • A specific topic for this tutorial has not been chosen, but the intent is to do something that would be useful to both the Ontolog and UBL communities.  Something which compares and contrasts the range of formalization approaches was discussed at the meeting.
2003.09.06 (Thursday)

  Independent work day
  • We might be able to organize another joint tutorial during lunch (perhaps something dealing with methodology)
  • There is a wine and cheese reception Thursday night.  If you are planning to attend, the tradition is to bring a wine from your "native land"
2003.09.07 (Friday)

  Independent work day
  • The UBL team closes their meeting at 13:00
  • It is not expected that we would be able to conduct another joint session on Friday, but we might be able to recruit individuals to answer specific questions
2003.09.08 (Saturday)

  No plans
  • Jon would not be able to provide us with meeting space on Saturday.  If we wish to continue our meeting, we would need to make other arrangements.
  • I may have a lead on a conference room in San Francisco, if desired.

Please post your reactions and comments.

/s/ kwc 2003.09.09 12:26

Kurt Conrad
2994 Salem Dr.                     408-247-0454
Santa Clara, CA 95051-5502         408-247-0457 (data/fax)
http://www.SagebrushGroup.com      mailto:conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx