Re: [ontolog-forum] levels of specification

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Patrick Cassidy <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 14:57:56 -0400
   I would like to add a note to this:  I agree that the
KIF version of the ontology should be normative, and that
we should try to convert as much as possible of the KIF version
into other popular formats, such as Protege and OWL.
    At this point I am not certain that everything that is
included in a KIF file can be ported into Protege in a
form that will allow automatic accurate reconstruction of
the KIF file.  As time permits, I will try to see if this
can be done.  If it can be done, the Protege version could
also be considered as complete.    (01)

     Pat
====================================    (02)

Adam Pease wrote:    (03)

> Folks,
>   One point that Peter asked me to summarize from our call yesterday -
> we talked about having multiple output from this effort.  The
> authoritative version of the proposed standard would be KIF, but we
> would translate out from KIF to other, less expressive representations
> include Protege and SQL.  The KIF version would be normative.  The other
> versions would also be normative, but incomplete, and implementors
> relying on the SQL version for example, would still be required to
> ensure that their stored procedures didn't violate the constraints
> stated in the KIF axioms.
>
> Adam

>     (04)

Patrick Cassidy    (05)

MICRA, Inc.                      || (908) 561-3416
735 Belvidere Ave.               || (908) 668-5252 (if no answer)
Plainfield, NJ 07062-2054        || (908) 668-5904 (fax)    (06)

internet:   cassidy@xxxxxxxxx