Re: [ontolog-forum] [ubl-ontol] 9/4/2003: WS-Chor Draft Reqts Document

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Leo Obrst <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 14:45:05 -0400
Thanks, Monica. By the way, here is the link to DAML-S (DAML-Services
ontology for web services): http://www.daml.org/services/. It will
become OWL-S soon. It is basically a process-model oriented ontology.    (01)

>From the home page:
Introduction    (02)

The DAML Services arm of the DAML program is developing a DAML-based Web
Service Ontology (currently named DAML-S), as well as supporting tools
and agent technology to enable automation of services on the Semantic
Web.     (03)

DAML-S supplies Web service providers with a core set of markup language
constructs for describing the properties and capabilities of their Web
services in unambiguous, computer-intepretable form. DAML-S markup of
Web services will facilitate the automation of Web service tasks
including automated Web service discovery, execution, interoperation,
composition and execution monitoring. Following the layered approach to
markup language development, the current version of DAML-S builds on top
of DAML+OIL.     (04)