[ontolog-forum] Ontology Formalization Training

To: Ontolog Forum <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kurt Conrad <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:57:46 -0700
Ontolog Forum Members,    (01)

Reaction to Adam Pease's last tutorial has been very positive and
many have asked 1) to repeat it, and 2) to do the "next" one in the
series.    (02)

At this time, it doesn't look like we have enough interest to repeat
the first tutorial.  Expecting this, we recorded the audio to allow
individuals to "repeat the tutorial" at their convenience.    (03)

The tutorial Wiki page can be found at (including links to all files):
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/tutorial/tutorial_2003-05-29/ontolog-tutorial_AdamPease_20030529-2.wma    (04)

The powerpoint slides are at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/tutorial/ontolog-ontologyTutorial--AdamPease_20030529.ppt    (05)

The audio files are at (larger mp3's are also available from the Wiki):
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/tutorial/tutorial_2003-05-29/ontolog-tutorial_AdamPease_20030529-1.wma    (06)

http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/tutorial/tutorial_2003-05-29/ontolog-tutorial_AdamPease_20030529-2.wma    (07)

Adam has expressed his willingness to do a new tutorial, but has made
his offer contingent on the rest of us first doing some
formalization.  Accordingly, I will be adding an agenda item to our
Thursday conference call to do some formalization as a group, figure
out where we get stuck, and "teach" each other.    (08)

/s/ kwc 2003.07.09 22:57    (09)